UOACZombies Beta Test

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luthius, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Luthius

Luthius Guest

I'm currently looking to do a public beta test for UOACZ starting this coming Sunday afternoon (9/6/15) and would love it if everyone would take some time and stop by and help test it out with us. It will likely run for several hours in the afternoon, and I'll post a specific time for it as we get closer to the day. So anyone who'd like to help out, feel free to reply below.

Earlier thread about UOACZ

http://forum.uoancorp.com/threads/uoacz-i-e-uoaczombies.8594/

I'll also start posting some more guides for the system throughout the week and some more small demos as well.

2. Fenix

Fenix Expert

3. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Apprentice

4. Pole

Pole Grand Master

oommmmm

5. Parthalas

Parthalas Master

Do we need to grind crafting skills in order to be able to craft, or do we just need proper materials (like in Don't Starve)?

6. Luthius

Luthius Guest

There is no normal skill gain or stat gain in UOACZ for Human or Undead players, so there won't be any skill grinding involved in the system nor will there be huge groups of players sitting in a circle macroing their stats/skills up super fast, leaving the rest of the players (i.e. solo players) in the dust.

You increase your stats and skills (as well as gain abilities) buy spending Upgrade Points and purchasing "Upgrade Packages".

Players start with 5 Freebie Upgrade Points each UOACZ session that they can spend at any time (even prior to the UOACZ session starting), and once the session starts, players will earn 1 Upgrade Point every 20 minutes. Additionally, players can potentially earn extra Upgrade Points as somewhat uncommon loot. This loot could come from killing monsters, from rare drops when scavenging/foraging, as rewards for rescuing NPCs from the wilderness, or as the result of in-game mini events. UOACZ also features boss monsters which will most certainly have Upgrade Points as loot.

There are 30 different pre-set Human Upgrade Packages available, and players always have 3 randomized upgrade packages available to them.

Players can purchase one of the three packages offered (if they have an upgrade point to spend). Upon purchasing an Upgrade Package, 3 new packages are randomly offered to the player.

Additionally, if players don't like any of the packages offered and don't want to buy any of them, they can "Shuffle" the offered upgrades by spending a "Survival Point" as a Human player or a "Corruption Point" as an Undead player to get 3 new ones presented to them.

I've also completely redone all the crafting tables for all crafting skills to realign the crafting skill needed to make stuff to factor in our how our upgrade system works.

----

Here are some sample Human Upgrade Packages:

Artificer
    Str +1. Dex +1. Int +2
    Wrestling +2. Tactics +1
    +10 Alchemy. +10 Meditation. +10 Magic Resist.
    Grants the Scientist Ability: Gain an (Alchemy Skill / 10) % chance to craft an additional item when crafting alchemy items for 5 minutes. Has a 60 minute cooldown.

Surgeon
    Str +1. Dex +1. Int +2
    Wrestling +2. Tactics +1
    +10 Healing. +10 Anatomy. +5 Tailoring
    Grants the First Aid Ability: Restore a moderate amount of health to target. Has a 10 minute cooldown.

Woodsman
    Str +2. Dex +1. Int +1
    Wrestling +1. Tactics +1
    +2 Archery. +5 Lumberjacking. +5 Fletching. +5 Carpentry
    Grants the Longshot Ability: Make a ranged attack at +100% Range that has +25% chance to hit. Has a 5 minute cooldown

Adventurer
    Str +1. Dex +2. Int +2
    Wrestling +2. Tactics +1
    +1 Fencing/Macing/Swords. +5 Cooking. +5 Camping. +5 Lockpicking. +5 Remove Trap
    Grants the Escape Ability: Immediately hide for 30 seconds and gain 25 unfailable stealth steps. Has a 30 minute cooldown

Armsman
    Str +2. Dex +1. Int +1
    Wrestling +1. Tactics +1
    +2 Fencing/Macing/Swords. +5 Blacksmith. +5 Arms Lore.
    Grants the Cleave Ability: Make a melee attack against all targets in a 90 degree arc in front of the player. Has a 5 minute cooldown

-------

All upgrade packages increase the player's Tactics by 1 as well as increasing the player's Wrestling by at least 1, meaning you'll always be slowly increasing increasing the damage you do in combat as well as always getting a little better at defending yourself (either via wrestling or melee/ranged skills).

There's a really good mix of pure crafting, pure combat, and hybrid packages that allow you to make a very good variety of character types. While players may naturally feel inclined to go "pure combat", even the packages that are more aligned towards crafting / utility will typically offer several points of Wrestling, meaning those players won't be sitting ducks if they decide to make a non-combat character. Wrestling damage has also been bumped a good amount to make using your fists not the worst thing ever.

Players are also recommended to consider mixing in some skills that allow them to gather food and materials into their templates. A tough fighter character who can't feed himself/herself might have to rely on other players for food, and players might not always want to share or have enough to go around.

Scavenging

There are currently 6 types of "Scavenge" objects that spawn in the UOACZ world:
    Debris, Containers, Vegetation, Fishing Spots, Cotton Plants, and Rainwater

Players are given a limited number of "Scavenge" attempts when interacting with these objects to attempt to "pull" items from each type, and there are a limited number of potential items available in each object (meaning they are deleted when enough people have "pulled" enough loot from them). While most of these Scavenge objects can be foraged/harvested from without any neccessary skill, there are a couple that use skills to effectively harvest from them.

Camping Skill
    Used to forage Vegetation objects, often found in the wild, to find fruits/vegetables/reagents.

Fishing Skill
    Used to forage Fishing Spot objects, often found in the wild, to find fish.

Lockpick / Remove Trap Skills
    Debris and Salvageable Containers will spawn around town, and players will want to search these objects for a wide variety of food, water, materials, and a variety of other items they may contain. By default they don't take any skill to scavenge from.

Both of these types of objects may potentially be trapped (using Remove Trap on them will make the player exempt to these traps) and Salvageable Containers may be locked as well. When a Container is locked, players can't make any scavenge attempts against them until the lock is broken, which is done by players "attacking" the locked container over time. However, players can attempt to Lockpick a locked Container and make a scavenge attempt on it before the lock is broken.

The benefit to this means that players with Lockpicking can potentially pull items out of a locked container well before other players who have to wait for the lock to be broken, and by that time players with lockpicking may have already gotten most of the items available in the object.

Players should definitely consider putting some points into some of these skills to ensure they have extra opportunities to gain extra food / water / supplies.

Parthalas likes this.
  7. Pole

Pole Grand Master

Neat, how much shit code is in it? :p

8. Luthius

Luthius Guest

ALOT

9. Jimmy

Jimmy Administrator Staff Member Developer Administrator

[​IMG]

Abigor and ArborTheTree like this.
  10. ArborTheTree

ArborTheTree Apprentice

11. Abigor

Abigor Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Much like! Super excited!

12. Kisaki

Kisaki Trainee

signed up for the first time even though i've been on the game alot, mostly to ask, could UOzombies be around forever alongside unancorp cause that would be awesome cause me and my friends muchly loved the first uozombies and this one sounds even more epic to play :p

13. Luthius

Luthius Guest

Ideally, I think the best scenario would be for us to run a UOACZ session about once a week, on the weekends.

I think that would be frequent enough for it to be a consistant source of fun for players, but simultaneously once a week is just the right amount of time so that players won't get bored or burned out on it. But yeah UOACZ is definitely set up to be a re-occuring system :p

Also the entire system is run on our main server itself: it's not run on a separate server like the old IPY standalone UOZ server from several years back.

14. Pole

Pole Grand Master

[​IMG]

ArborTheTree likes this.
  15. ArborTheTree

ArborTheTree Apprentice

Sounds awesome, I'm in!

16. Kisaki

Kisaki Trainee

The sad thing is if the person would forget about the day it happens and don't really get on it :p i doubt people would get bored of it from how much action it was getting for the time it was up but its up to you guys since you do run it and stuff :p though either way you do it you would surely get a bunch of people playing it XD though i'd totally play it just about every day if it was up, it was so much fun :p

Edited: I think people would be more bored not being able to play it while they wait for it to come back up on the certain day though thats mostly my opinion and my friends but we do love both of the games.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  17. Luthius

Luthius Guest

We'll we're definitely open to making scheduling changes on it based on the interest level in it once we launch and we can also manually fire off individual sessions for it on special occasions too if we want.

18. Kisaki

Kisaki Trainee

Well me and my friends would totally look forward to it and are eager for the test on sunday, hopefully it goes well and it gets a good hype and everything cause i'd love to see it become another regular server :p

19. Kilgu

Kilgu Apprentice

20. Luthius

Luthius Guest

Just a quick little video of antics at the west Malas fort in UOACZ :p