UOACZ Launch this Saturday Nov 21 2pm CST

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luthius, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Luthius

Luthius Guest

UOACZ is officially (and finally) going to start this Saturday November 21st at 2pm CST.

The system will also now begin on a weekly schedule occurring every future Saturday at the same time.

For anyone who hasn't played it yet, here's a very large guide to the system, that we will be converting to Wiki format as time permits.
    http://forum.uoancorp.com/threads/the-monstrous-uoacz-guide.10635/

If you have any questions or comments about the system, always feel free to post them here or even PM me too.

VioletBard likes this.
  2. Luthius

Luthius Guest

As a side note, but relevant to Saturday as well: the UOACZ patch we're implementing here shortly also has a variety of other server fixes in it, including a fix for the Influence System weekly calculation crash and the issue where the weekly Influence System calculation date/time kept shifting.

I'll be changing the Influence system to make its week-end calculation and reward distribution to occur on Saturdays at Noon CST.

3. Pole

Pole Grand Master

Can you please take another look at how badly you nerfed void slimes? They got hit way to hard, the poor things are worthless little puddles of black piss now.

Linx likes this.
  4. Luthius

Luthius Guest

I can bring it up again for discussion with staff.

I coded them, so I definitely want them to be effective, heh, but I also defer to our other staff who play as tamers for their input on how to balance them so that they won't be absolute overkill in PvP, which they admittedly they had potential to be in several scenarios with their old stats/implementation.

And what GM Mongbatman said earlier regarding 120 Taming / 120 Animal Lore is absolutely correct: creatures over the 100 Taming/100 Animal Lore threshold should not pose a specific bonus in PvP to a player compared to a GM Tamer's pets. They should, however, be a distinct upgrade for PvM over their GM counterparts, and I'm absolutely willing to rebalancing them further if that's not the case with Void Slimes currently, but I do not want them to be overpowered for PvP.

That being said, we can also reevaluate any other pets that people feel are currently overpowered in PvP as well: taming is intended to be "Awesome" for PvM and "Good" for PvP: they shouldn't be automatically the best template for both.

5. beliallavi

beliallavi Adept

Tamers have no place in pvp at all, including henchmen chars. Even at GM they can solo anything in the game besides the Bosses, and they can even do a couple of those. Solo, not multi-boxing. If something is going to be that powerful in PvE it should do literally ZERO in pvp. If you're going to keep tamers pvp viable, you're going to continue to run into this issue. They do not belong in pvp, they get PSs for their skills, and get to tame armys of shit. They should do no damage in pvp, just like arms lore, and inscription. no benefit in pvp from PS skills.

Rant over.

VioletBard and Chaudgobay like this.
  6. Pole

Pole Grand Master

This is just how tamers are in this game, they are a powerhouse, and they are supposed to be incredibly hard to level up. The fuck up in balance here is how easy taming is to gain on this server.

beliallavi likes this.
  7. beliallavi

beliallavi Adept

I completely agree with you on that point. But the balance is fucked, and its pretty nuts. imo. extreme circumstance requires extreme measures.

8. VioletBard

VioletBard Expert

Agree with this concept

Tamers are very, very strong in PvP, they are extremely tanky compared to a normal char and a semi-competent person is very hard to kill.

Consider instead if tamers accepted PvP nerfs, so they could become better at PvE, maybe even 120 taming would mean something then. But most tamers cannot accept that they have created a PvE character, and also prefer to stay an ez-mode PvP char at the same time.

beliallavi and SirSodo like this.
  9. SirSodo

SirSodo Adept

Alright, let's talk about UO:Z now!

beliallavi likes this.
  10. Luthius

Luthius Guest

Yeah I was going to say, things kinda went off topic there pretty quick :p

beliallavi likes this.
  11. Chaudgobay

Chaudgobay Neophyte

Zombies will win. Just saying.

beliallavi likes this.
  12. Luthius

Luthius Guest

Well, we'll definitely see :p

I made a few changes lately that I think will make things a bit more balanced on both sides of things as well as giving the Undead a bit more stuff to do. Also I really feel the new form upgrade system and the new abilities are pretty fun.

- Civilians and Scout militia will spawn in the wild for the Undead to kill (and for human players to take advantage of in helping with undead spawns)
    - Undead players can earn Upgrade Tokens / Corruption Tokens more frequently than before and can earn them killing stuff, corrupting stuff, or attacking walls/stockpiles
    - Readjusted the spawn amounts of elite soliders at each fort, and upgraded the tower sentry guards significantly in stats/equipment
    - The Undead "horde" spawn that occurs every 30 minutes has been toned down slightly, but the spawns that occur near players is a bit more frequent now
    - Civilians will now contribute items to players stockpiles more frequently now
    - Each of the non-outpost Stockpiles have a contingent of militia guarding them
    - Each side now needs to complete 4 out of the 5 possible objectives in order to win, but the Human/Undead Champion will now spawn at the 1.5 hour mark (instead of 2 hour) and the Human/Undead Boss will spawn at the 3 hour mark (instead of 4 hour). This should ensure that even if one side completely dominates the other, a session will at least last until those Champions spawn

13. Chaudgobay

Chaudgobay Neophyte

Was just trying some intimidating tactics Luthius. This saturday will be fun though.

14. beliallavi

beliallavi Adept

I like what I have read here, and this thread gets the Gummy Seal of Approval.

[​IMG]

15. Pole

Pole Grand Master