Expansion Content Comprehensive List

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Luthius, Jun 29, 2015.

1. VioletBard

VioletBard Expert

By the way, what does the fishing rod availible at the pirate vendor do?

2. Abbot

Abbot Adept

This is what I mean when you see things different than me or anyone in fact. You always look at it as nothing is wrong with an issue and therefore it doesn't need fixing. Giving someone the option to join paladin freely and easily, it's over powering paladin system and totally screwing over pk's. If you had the older system where you needed ZERO counts and complete a quest then it would be a lot better than it is now. Right now it seems like you HATE pk's and want to stop them at full force. Just add trammel and be done with it.

This is another one of your theory crafting at it's best. A pk is a pk, which means he's looking to have the first attack advantage on anyone in his/her way. What pvp player carries gold on them? Most of the time when we killed farmers, we are doing it to attract attention to get pvpers to come and fight.
    Here it is again, the same old cookie-cutter jargon you love to spew. How can you say this does not work when UOForever uses the same system?? I know what you are going to say, "why don't you play UOForever then?" Because that server is not pub 15. You really need to lose this big head Luthius and stop shutting everyone down when they ask you to fix something. It's like me opening my own grocery store and selling stuff that I want and my customers don't... hence the reason of the population drop.

I'm only looking out for the players that play your server, because most of them, other than VB, are too scared to tell you your ideas are bogus. Even if this was fixed I would not come back, I have other reasons why I will not return.

P.S. This took 4 days to respond because the website is so trash but I'll probably get a response on the lines of "I don't see nothing wrong...."

3. Mongbatman

Mongbatman Guest

Let's say, for sake of argument, that it is a fair statement that Luthius looks down upon the red community and prefers more "civil" gameplay. He's still just one staff member and does not have authority to load pieces of code. He can write code, which he does like a fiend, but it's only with the approval of shard admins that any of that code gets loaded.

Some staff members have red characters just to keep an eye on how playable the system is and are able to speak from an informed position when we discuss world PvP. It's UO, and it's Felucca, and having the freedom to be a bad guy is part of the game (with caveat that playing a bad guy comes with some consequences).

We are currently not seeing an issue that paladins are shutting out the possibility to engage in Red PvP. I do hear you voicing this concern, but when we're monitoring and playing the game, we do not see that access to the paladin player-class is preventing it. There's a lot of it going on (red -vs- blue, red -vs- white, and actually a lot of red -vs- red). As you are not playing here actively right now, I'd just suggest to you that this specific concern is something that just exists on paper right now. For the population in-game it hasn't been a problem.

Certainly there may be people who are afraid to try it because of worry over paladins, but having spoken with (and played with) the people who are actually running red characters, I am not seeing that the situation lives up to your fears or concerns. Quite the contrary, with control over city guard levels, it's actually easier to maintain a red character here than on many other shards since there are a number of cities which you may freely enter to conduct business without being pigeon-holed into using Buccaneer's den.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2015
  4. Chupac

Chupac Grand Master

4 days to write that, doesn't read forums, and doesn't / won't play the server is basically what I received from that lol.

The only part I somewhat agree is that I was not a huge fan of Restitution initially, and now I've kind of receded into an "this is okay" area when I realized the gold cost isn't that bad. It prevents a small portion of noobs from being red(if they want to have gold), which can be seen as a good or a bad thing.

Paladin justice makes large groups of reds think twice before rolling in and trying to clear out everyone. On UOAC PEC would like 9v1 players lol. I got into a large 12v15 red vs blue fight while we were doing a sequential but a few of them got whacked.

5. Luthius

Luthius Guest

The only pks who are being screwed over with this system are ones who res-kill nonstop and ones who group up into massive pk zergs and have no other form of gold income outside of what they scoop up off of farmers. That's it. Not a lot of players are complaining that they aren't being ress-killed nonstop, or 9vs1 PEC pked anymore.

It's 300-400 gold per kill for everyone else. The average person just dumped between 50-100k into the Influence System this last weekend, so the vast majority of players on the server right now have more money than they know what to do with it even. Restitution costs are not that big of a deal.

If you're killing people only to "lure" pvpers to come fight you, then you aren't really a pk, just someone who seems to be bored and can't figure out a way to find a normal fight :p

Also I read the UOF forums every day or two (which became a habit several months ago because I have to watch and see if any of my systems are being copied) and folks complain about there being too many pks on that server constantly, which is likely caused by the very issue I described (no real costs to be a pk).

Folks are free to always post their feedback and we'll always consider it. Hell, within the last week alone look at any of the expansion posts and there's tons of stuff we've already changed based on player feedback. The only off-limit topics that aren't going to get much of a debate are adding mounts really. You seem to be confusing "You guys didn't take my exact suggestion and implement it" with "They don't listen to anyone", Abbot.

6. karazon

karazon Apprentice

That's just horseshit and you know it. The only few things that M&D goon had ever done to other players on this server was to surround, instant-kill with stealth archer, and loot them dried. You guys even posted some video bragging about your kills. It's your concern that is a bogus here.

I do not see any players here are so afraid to bring up the issues that they are concerned. I have seen Violetbard, Legacy, Dirk, Pole, and many others calling out to staffs on things they have strong feeling about. I am not convinced that anyone would not bring up this topic because they are "afraid" of the staffs. It's rather that they just don't give a shit about it or they don't get butt-hurt from res-killing other players over and over again, then cried hard at the fee they had to pay when paladins busted their asses.

While I do not agree/disagree with all suggestion with other players on the forum, but at least they are playing the game. Seriously, if you're not gonna play regardless of whether there will be any change or not, then why are you even here? Seeking attention by shit-posting is just irritating other people and not really a "looking after" at all.

Also, many of us are grown-ass adults, we don't need you too look after us. Thanks for the concern, but you can go trolling else where now. Bye bye.

Bizzybeast likes this.
  7. VioletBard

VioletBard Expert

Gonna bump again with this question, what does the ocean's bounty fishing pole do?

8. Fenix

Fenix Expert

It catches fish

9. VioletBard

VioletBard Expert

Bend over and I'll show you another thing it does :rolleyes:

Fenix likes this.
  10. Fenix

Fenix Expert

Can't rape the willing bro

11. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Apprentice

Im late to the party but don't go spouting off about "oh UOF does x" if you're not gonna say how its working out for them. Yea there is no statloss there, but there's so many fucking reds its lost any meaning. Its just a pvp flag over there and the red blue balance is destroyed. They are already down 400 population from when I started playing there and I give them a few more months because of no stat loss. There is nothing wrong with this system. Its not as harsh as you're making it out to be.

12. VioletBard

VioletBard Expert

For the record, Luthius said it plays a special sound and has a bobber animation, so no boost to skill or MiB chance

13. Bizzybeast

Bizzybeast Apprentice

Minus the few whiny pks, who are just out to grief newbs, the paladin system here is actually pretty great. Keep up the great work!

14. Abbot

Abbot Adept

Real pvp.

Enjoy.

15. Luthius

Luthius Guest

Nope.

Bizzybeast likes this.
  16. RAMPAGE

RAMPAGE Novice

[​IMG]

Pole, Jayann, Bizzybeast and 3 others like this.
  17. Abbot

Abbot Adept

This reminds me of UO AN Corp, bunch of retards trying to pvp on a pve server.

18. Bizzybeast

Bizzybeast Apprentice

Abbot is it difficult to post with that penis lodged in your throat?

19. Luthius

Luthius Guest

Well we do love it when you stop by and engage in Forum PvP with everyone :p

Dawtm likes this.
  20. Harry

Harry Novice

can someone sticky this thread or put it in a wiki? getting kinda hard to find

Kaedius likes this.