Combine piles/stacks failure

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by BlaiseD, Feb 10, 2016.

1. BlaiseD

BlaiseD Trainee

When attempting to combine two piles of gold, where the total amount would exceed 60,000 gold pieces, the piles will not combine. Only exact amounts keeping the total at or below 60,000 will combine properly.

This is incorrect function and if it is intended I would love to know why.

Correct function checks the two stacks, fills the target stack to 60,000 and leaves the remainder in the original (dragged) stack. I am guessing that this is probably the case for all stackable items with a 60,000 item limit.

Thanks

2. Mongbatman

Mongbatman Guest

It's something that could be looked at, but if you put your bank gold in a backpack in the bank, you can drop gold piles into that backpack and they'll do what you're requesting here.

3. BlaiseD

BlaiseD Trainee

Thanks for the reply, however, in testing, I have not found your statement to be true. It did not work with the wooden box I have in my bank. I went and bought a backpack to test with the specific container type you cited and got the same result. With a stack of 59994 gold in the container, I drop
    14588 coins on the pack or the stack and I get the same two stacks in the container.

Sincerely,
    Blaise

4. Mongbatman

Mongbatman Guest

Ah, you could be right. I'm always making and breaking bank checks and the bank checks break into 60,000 gold piles so that could be where mine came from. Anyways, I reported it on as something that can be checked.

5. Legacy

Legacy Elder

Always been like that in every instance of uo ive ever played including osi pre aos.

RickRude likes this.
  6. RickRude

RickRude Journeyman

This ^

Legacy likes this.
  7. Fenix

Fenix Expert

lol.

8. Sylvara

Sylvara Grand Elder

Rickrude sighting.

9. BlaiseD

BlaiseD Trainee

Considering I played OSI and currently am active on multiple RunUO shards as well, I'm going to have to disagree that it was "always" like this. This is the only shard I have ever been on where stacks don't merge like they should/could. My recollection of stacks on OSI could be way gone by now but I assure you this is the only freeshard I have been on that doesn't have the function.
    Even if it were never the case on OSI, it's a function that works in default RunUO and is a logical function that should exist on every shard.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  10. Pole

Pole Grand Master

Ravishing...

11. Legacy

Legacy Elder

I assure you i am right.

Not sure what carebear run uo servers you played where they stack your gold for you, but even hybrid when i was last on it was the same as this. Granted I didnt play osi after they catered it to players like yourself I cant speak for it, but pre aos they didnt auto stack piles for you. l2math.

SirSodo likes this.
  12. Parthalas

Parthalas Master

I played OSI shard up until Samurai Empire and the way the gold stack always work this way. It actually applicable to all items that have maximum cap on quantity per item piece.

Can you show us the code on RunUO that has this as a logical function? The staffs can update the code if they were to run on the older version.

13. Legacy

Legacy Elder

Dont change the way things stacks because one person thinks it works that way lol

14. Luthius

Luthius Guest

As far as I can tell, I haven't seen any code anywhere in RunUO that does this by default and might just be a custom thing a different server did, which is totally fine :p

SirSodo, GrizzlyGhost and Legacy like this.
  15. BlaiseD

BlaiseD Trainee

Yeah, just a custom thing every server I've logged into in the past five years has done. Weird the distro I was testing with had it by default with no code change of my own (that was a 2.3 RunUO instance on NeRun's distro). I just checked again on a fresh 2.6 instance and it is how you have it here.
    I never expected it to be changed because "one person thinks it works that way" but I was posting it as a bug, because it seemed like one. I suppose now it can be moved to suggestions, if you want item stacking to suck less on this shard.

Thanks Luthius.

16. SirSodo

SirSodo Adept

Thanks guys for confirming my beliefs, I thought I was taking crazy pills when he was so adamant about it

17. kekkers

kekkers Neophyte

Piles over 60k stack like BlaiseD is claiming on UOSecondAge, which is a shard that researches their era accuracy changes pretty hard. I would trust their research over some random dude claiming "it was always like this" and using UO Hybrid (lol) as a source for that.

I always thought it was a nice quality of life feature, though it's not a big deal.

While we're on the subject, item bouncebacks do not bounce back the original pile, which is a tad more annoying than the non-stacking gold.

18. Legacy

Legacy Elder

i played uo on osi since dread days until aos patch.

19. kekkers

kekkers Neophyte

Congratulations.